Alzheimer's Awareness Virtual Run/Walk
Participate by 11/30/2022(race date estimated)
Alzheimer's Awareness Virtual Run/Walk Race Description
November is Alzheimer's Awareness month, a time to inform people about this horrible disease and help raise funds for research that will someday provide a cure. Alzheimer’s disease is defined as an irreversible, progressive disorder that results in the physical atrophy of the brain. Memory functions slowly slip away, and cognitive skills are lost. Eventually, the degradation of the brain can result in heart attack, stroke, or other physical maladies that lead to death. Alzheimer’s disease is the most common form of dementia.
This race benefits Cure Alzheimer's Fund, a non-profit organization dedicated to funding research with the highest probability of preventing, slowing or reversing Alzheimer’s disease.
HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR VIRTUAL RUN/WALK
- Register for the race and print your bib
- Complete a 1k, 5k, 10k or Half Marathon run/walk at your convenience, any time, anywhere between November 1-30, 2021
- Submit your time (optional) to see how you placed overall and receive your finisher certificate.
- Celebrate your accomplishment by sharing on social media! #RunsForAPurpose
- Feel free to join the Virtual Runs for a Purpose Facebook Group to share and celebrate with other participants. Don't forget to follow our Facebook page too!
- Location: Anywhere
- Race Date: 2021/11/30 09:00:00 AM (Tuesday)