Race for Hope - Richmond, IN Description
The 2023 inaugural Belden Race for Hope 5K will benefit the restoration of Refuge of Hope Women's Shelter in Richmond, Indiana. Refuge of Hope provides a safe haven for women with or without children who are struggling in the Richmond community.
Over the last two years, they have helped more than 120 women and 10 children get back on their feet. Fortunately, they were able to go through a renovation to create a shared living space with new beds, a bathroom, and kitchen. However, they have expressed a need for a new roof, as well as some renovations to the upstairs of the building. This space will be used for their long-term program with a goal to provide housing for women advancing through the shelter’s Next Steps initiative. This initiative will allow these women to work towards secure housing, employment opportunities, as well as education and provisions.
The target goal for the roof is $10,000, with the hopes we can raise more to support the Next Steps initiative. Please visit the Refuge of Hope website to learn more about this organization.
Homeless Shelter - Refuge of Hope of Richmond (refugeofhoperichmond.org)
How can you help...
- Participate in the Race for Hope run/walk
- Create a fundraising team.
- Cheer on the runners along the route
- Sponsor the event
- Make a donation
- DATE: June 10, 2023
- VENUE: Glen Miller Park, Roosevelt Hill 2200 E Main St. Richmond, IN, 47374 United States
- START: Run/Walk starts at 11:00 am
- AWARDS: 1:00 pm
- TYPE: Live and Virtual
- PACKET PICK-UP: June 8th-10th
- TIMING: Professional Timing
All participants will receive a custom finishers medal. Top three males and top three females will be recognized.
- June 8th-9th, Belden Division Office Front Desk, 2200 US Hwy 27 S, Richmond, IN 47374, 9:00am-4:30pm
- June 10th- Glen Miller Park Bandshell, Roosevelt Hill 2200 E Main St, Richmond, IN 47374, 9:20am-10:30am
Are you involved with a workplace wellness program? We’d love to help!
Here’s how it works:
- Contact us with your workplace information. email@example.com
- We will create a code for your wellness members to use at registration checkout that will waive or discount the registration fee. You can offer any discount amount your workplace wellness program allows.
- The day after the race, we will send you an invoice that can be paid online.
- T-shirt included with registration
- Finisher Medals to all participants
- Goody Bags
- Food and Drinks
- Free Kids Activities
- And More!
New to running? DOWNLOAD our ZERO to 5K program - Many newcomers to running become discouraged by the difficulty associated with the activity because they start too fast and push too hard. Their bodies rebel and they wind up miserable, wondering why anyone would possibly want to run in the first place. The Zero to 5K program has been specifically designed to instill a love of running and ends with participating in your first timed 5K.
We’re here to help you achieve your goal(s), be it your first 5K, improving your run, or simply offering a resource where you can run with a group that is designed to help each other stay motivated. You should ease into your 5K training plan gradually. In fact, the program we provide is less of a running regimen than a walking and jogging program. The idea is to transform you from a non-runner, getting you to begin running a 5K ( or 3.1 miles) and on a regular basis in just 4 weeks.
It’s easy to get impatient, and you may feel tempted to skip ahead in the program, but hold yourself back. Don’t try to do more, even if you feel you can. If, on the other hand, you find the program too strenuous, just stretch it out. Don’t feel pressured to continue faster than you’re able. Repeat weeks if needed and move ahead only when you feel you’re ready.
HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR REMOTE (aka Virtual) RUN/WALK
- Register for the race and print your bib (Click on "Manage my Registration" tab Above to view all race tools)
- Complete a 5k, run/walk at your convenience, any time, anywhere within 7 days after the event date.
- Submit your time (optional) to see how you placed overall and receive your finisher certificate. Click on "Manage my Registration" tab Above to view all race tools)
- Celebrate your accomplishment by sharing on social media! #RemoteRunners #5Kevents
- Feel free to join the Remote Runners Group to share and celebrate with other participants. Don't forget to follow our Facebook page too!
Refunds are not permitted for any reason including, but not limited to blizzard, bomb cyclone, tsunami, hurricane, typhoon, earthquake, tornado, derecho storm, hail, lightening, thunder, apocalypse, locust attack, oversleeping, birth, death, taxes, IRS audit, engagements, marriage, divorce, jail, war, peace, nuclear explosion, Bear's win the division (we might if they go to the Superbowl), you signed up for the wrong event, not training enough, training too much, poor prior planning or our favorite, "I forgot". Have an “excuse” you would like to add to the list? Let us know.
While there are no refunds, you can get referrals, transfer your bib, change your shirt size, defer your registration to another event or change your distance.
- Location: Richmond, IN 47374
- Race Date: 2023/06/10 11:00:00 AM (Saturday)
- General Registration
- Remote Runner