Racine Family YMCA - Lighthouse Run Race Description
The 45th annual Racine Lighthouse Run is one of Wisconsin’s premier run/walks, offering competitive and non-competitive events.
It’s time to show your spirit, show your pride, show awareness, and have fun together as a community!
How can you help...
- Participate in the Lighthouse Run
- Form a run/walk team (Download Team info here)
- Create a fundraising team.
- Cheer on the runners along the route
- Sponsor the event.
- Make a donation.
Event Date/Time: Saturday, June 17, 2023
- The wheelchair starts at 7:45 am
- 10 Mile Competitive starts at 8:00 am
- 4 Mile Competitive starts at 8:15 am
- 2- and 4-Mile Fun Run/Walk starts at 8:20 am
- Kids Power Race starts at 10:00 am
Swag Deadline: Due to production time restrictions, Those that register before June 1, 2023, will be guaranteed a t-shirt and Medal. After 6.01.23 it will be based on the remaining inventory on hand.
Start & Finish Line:
Double Tree Hotel Conference Center (Southwest side of building) located at 223 Gas Light Cir, Racine, WI 53403
- Supporting the Racine Family YMCA.
- This event is also open to assisting other charities.
- Click here to learn more about our RACEiprocity program for charities.
How can you help support our local charities:
- Participate in the Racine Lighthouse run/walk.
- Create a fundraising team.
- Cheer on the runners along the route
- Participate in the Downtown Pub Crawl after the event.
- Make a donation.
Packet pickup: Runners who have pre-registered by mail or online may pick up their race packets in advance. Runners may also register in person during these times and receive their race packets immediately. Packet Pick up is located at 5Kevents.org, 1318 North Main Street, Racine, WI 53402
- 10-Mile Competitive Run
- 4-Mile Competitive Run
- MODINE - 2 & 4 Mile Fun Run/Walk (Not Timed)
- Kids Power Race (Not Timed)
In order to keep this event sustainable, we have made some changes to the previous course. The event will begin at the Double Tree Hotel located at 223 Gas Light Cir,
Racine, WI 53403 on the Lake Michigan Pathway (Reefpoint Marina) and will follow the lakefront to the Wind Point Lighthouse. This will be an out and back course. (Click here to view courses)
> TO RESERVE YOUR HOTEL ROOM AT THE DOUBLE TREE Call 262.632.7777 - Block name: 5Kevents
> CLICK HERE TO RESERVE AT ONE OF RACINE'S UNIQUE RENTALS - AirBnB
- All runners will receive a finisher's medal. The awards presentation will be held outside the Conference Center.
- The awards ceremony will recognize the following:
- Top 3 "OVERALL" M/F in the 10 Mile & 4 Mile Competitive Run
- Top 3 "Masters" M/F (40 to 49) in the 10 Mile and 4 Mile Competitive
- Top 3 "Grand Masters" (50 to 59) in the 10 Mile & 4 Mile Competitive
- Top 3 "Senior Grand Masters" M/F (60 and Over) in the 10 Mile & 4 Mile Competitive
- Competitive events will have 5 Year age groups and winners of these age groups will be recognized online only.
- If a person wins the "overall" they are excluded from all other categories.
- If a person wins one of the "Masters" categories, they are excluded from 5 yr. age groups.
- The 2 and 4 Mile Fun Runs are not timed.
- "Traveling Team Trophies" will be awarded to the winning teams in the Corporate and Open divisions in the 4 and 10 Mile Competitive Runs.
- The scoring members of the top 5 teams will also receive an individual medal.
- Team scoring is based on the combined time of the team's first 6 eligible runners (4 miles) or first 4 eligible runners (10 miles).
The day is also filled with fun, healthy activities for the entire family, including the annual Kids Race, Discover Downtown with specials at local shops, and Healthy Living Market!
EVENT LOGISTICS / FUNDRAISING / TRAINING / REMOTE RUNNERS and all the other nitty gritty
Are you involved with a workplace wellness program? We’d love to help!
Here’s how it works:
- Contact us with your workplace information. supportstaff@5Kevents.org
- We will create a code for your wellness members to use at registration checkout that will waive or discount the registration fee. You can offer any discount amount your workplace wellness program allows.
- The day after the race, we will send you an invoice that can be paid online.
This event qualifies for the 5Kevents Endurance Challenge
aka / Virtual Option - Your place, your pace, anywhere in the world.
You can view results LIVE at www.5Kevents.org and click on the race results tab. Remember this is a chip start, so a person's finishing order via Gun Start will not be the same as Chip Start. The race clock will represent the official Race start time but not your actual finish time. If your final time, gender, bib# or other data is incorrect on the final results, please notify the race director using our online correction form. PLEASE, Do not interrupt the timing crew during the event.
You may submit corrections at: https://5kevents.org/result_correction.html. While results will be immediately posted online at www.5Kevents.org, results will not be official for 48 Hours. This will allow us to make corrections.
Race bibs / timing: We utilize a shoe tag system. You must wear your shoe tags and race bib in order to be timed. Those who do not wear them, or wear them improperly will be disqualified and asked to leave the course as we will not know if you are included in the race (this is for insurance purposes). Pull tabs will not be utilized to limit person to person contact. See image below for proper wearing. Tie one on the left shoe, one on the right. No tags, no time. Race bibs must be worn and visible at all times. Wear bibs front facing.
WE WANT TO SAVE YOU MONEY:
- RUN FOR FREE OPTION - Refer 5 people (50% Credit), 10 people (100% Credit) (Automatically credited to your card)
- SHARE AND SAVE $2.00 during registration
- OPT OUT OF APPAREL: At the request of runners who have too many T-Shirts, we now made tees optional. SAVE $5.00
- SIGN UP EARLY - Save as much 25% when you sign up early and for multiple events
- This event is a 5Kevents.org, LLC owned, produced, timed & managed event.
- Need help with an event?
- Learn more about our FREE online registration & website platform
- Would you like us to piggy back your festival or event to attract more people?
- 5Kevents Market Place / Race Resources / Swag
New to running? DOWNLOAD our ZERO to 5K program - Many newcomers to running become discouraged by the difficulty associated with the activity because they start too fast and push too hard. Their bodies rebel and they wind up miserable, wondering why anyone would possibly want to run in the first place. The Zero to 5K program has been specifically designed to instill a love of running and ends with participating in your first timed 5K.
We’re here to help you achieve your goal(s), be it your first 5K, improving your run, or simply offering a resource where you can run with a group that is designed to help each other stay motivated. You should ease into your 5K training plan gradually. In fact, the program we provide is less of a running regimen than a walking and jogging program. The idea is to transform you from a non-runner, getting you to begin running a 5K ( or 3.1 miles) and on a regular basis in just 4 weeks.
It’s easy to get impatient, and you may feel tempted to skip ahead in the program, but hold yourself back. Don’t try to do more, even if you feel you can. If, on the other hand, you find the program too strenuous, just stretch it out. Don’t feel pressured to continue faster than you’re able. Repeat weeks if needed and move ahead only when you feel you’re ready.
HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR REMOTE (aka Virtual) RUN/WALK
- Register for the race and print your bib (Click on "Manage my Registration" tab Above to view all race tools)
- Complete your run/walk at your convenience, any time, anywhere within 7 days after the event date.
- Submit your time (optional) to see how you placed overall and receive your finisher certificate. Click on "Manage my Registration" tab Above to view all race tools)
- Celebrate your accomplishment by sharing on social media! #RemoteRunners #5Kevents
- Feel free to join the Remote Runners Group to share and celebrate with other participants. Don't forget to follow our Facebook page too!
Refunds are not permitted for any reason including, but not limited to blizzard, bomb cyclone, tsunami, hurricane, typhoon, earthquake, tornado, derecho storm, hail, lightening, thunder, apocalypse, locust attack, oversleeping, birth, death, taxes, IRS audit, engagements, marriage, divorce, jail, war, peace, nuclear explosion, Bear's win the division (we might if they go to the Superbowl), you signed up for the wrong event, not training enough, training too much, poor prior planning or our favorite, "I forgot". Have an “excuse” you would like to add to the list? Let us know.
While there are no refunds, you can get referrals, transfer your bib, change your shirt size, defer your registration to another event or change your distance.
- Location: Racine, WI 53403
- Race Date: 2023/06/17 08:00:00 AM (Saturday)
- 10 Mile Competitive
- 4 Mile Competitive
- Modine - 2 or 4 Mile Fun Run/Walk
- Remote Runner
- Kids Power Race
- Wheelchair Division