Turkey Trot 5K - Racine Race Description
Join us for Racine's annual Turkey Trot along the Lake Michigan Pathway!
FOOD DONATIONS: Local Food Banks (See info below)
MONETARY DONATIONS: F.I.N.A.O. (Learn More)
SAME DAY REGISTRATION AVAILABLE
The average American will consume approximately 3,000 calories during his/her Thanksgiving dinner this year. Add in pre-meal snacks and a serving of grandma's famous pie, and that number can easily reach upwards of 4,500 calories.
To help burn off all that food, we suggest burning off as many calories as possible before the bird even comes out of the oven.
9:00 AM Start Double Tree Hotel - 223 Gaslight Cir, Racine, WI 53403.
- Enjoy a comfortable registration atmosphere
- Stay warm if the weather is cold before and after the race
- Clean INDOOR heated bathrooms - NO PORTA POTTIES!
- and NO HILLS!
View the route here: https://5kevents.raceentry.com/race-maps/turkey-trot-5k-racine
- SAVE $2.00 Instantly by sharing on social media during your registration
- RUN for FREE by referring up to 10 people or get 10% credit off your registration for every single person you refer under 10. Your Credit Card will be credited when your referrals register.
- FUNDRAISE for FREE Entry allows donors and fundraisers to earn a free entry by meeting $150 (Youth) and $250 (Adult) fundraising goals.
- Sign up as a RECREATIONAL or COMPETITIVE participant
RAIN, SNOW or SHINE we Run or Walk at the Racine Turkey Trot.
SUPPORTING LOCAL FOOD PANTRIES:
5Kevents community encourages participants to donate food and necessities to be distributed to local food pantries in Southeast, Wisconsin. Our goal is to equalize the distribution of resources through the community and to serve as an advocate on behalf of the community in reducing hunger.
The "Super Six" Most Needed Food Items
- Optional Performance T-Shirt (Add'l Fee applies)
- Food and Water at the Finish line
- Commemorative Finisher's Challenge Coin
- Commemorative Race Bib
- Commemorative Certificate of Completion
- Chip Timed (Optional)
The Lake Michigan Pathway provides visitors with a beautiful view along Racine's Lakefront.
- Panoramic views of Lake Michigan will be treated to many ideal vantage points to take it in. The picturesque waterfront boasts many overlooks and seating areas and is a great spot for photos.
- Enjoy the beautiful trails throughout the park, an ADA-compliant path ensures that everyone will be able to enjoy the gorgeous view.
Parking is available throughout the grounds including the City parking ramp on site.
PACKET PICK UP:
Wednesday 11.27.2024: Pre-Race Packet Pick up from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
1318 North Main Street, Racine, WI 53402 - NEW LOCATION
THURSDAY 11.28.2024: Packet pickup is also available the day of the event 8am-8:45am in the Double Tree Hotel Conference Room, - 223 Gaslight Cir, Racine, WI 53403.
All early, general, and late registration categories receive a finisher medal, tee shirt, and cool race bib. 5K participants will be provided a chip-timed race. You will have the option to select a regular tee, v-neck, or unisex long sleeve during the registration process.
AWARDS. Your finisher's Medal will be included in your race packet before the race. If you win your division, you may request your recognition pin be mailed to you (a $3.50 fee will apply), picked up at the next race, or picked up at our office in Racine. The top 3 male/female OVERALL runners will be handed O&H Danish Kringle as they cross the finish line.
Overall awards are based on gun start, while age category awards will be based on chip start. Results will be available about 11:30 am. You can view results at www.5Kevents.org and click on the race results tab. Remember this is a chip start, so a person's finishing order via Gun Start will not be the same as Chip Start. The race clock will represent the official Race start time but not your actual finish time. If your final time, gender, bib# or other data is incorrect on the final results, please notify the race director using our online correction form. PLEASE, Do not interrupt the timing crew during the event.
You may submit corrections at: https://5kevents.org/result_correction.html. While results will be immediately posted online at www.5Kevents.org, results will not be official for 48 Hours. This will allow us to make corrections, but also time for our staff to enjoy the Thanksgiving Holiday as well.
RACE BIBS / TIMING: We utilize a shoe tag system. You must wear your shoe tags and race bib in order to be timed. Those who do not wear them, or wear them improperly will be disqualified and asked to leave the course as we will not know if you are included in the race (this is for insurance purposes). Pull tabs will not be utilized to limit person-to-person contact. See the image below for proper wearing. Tie one on the left shoe, and one on the right. No tags, no time. Race bibs must be worn and visible at all times. Wear bibs front facing.
THANK YOU! Please make an extra effort to thank the Volunteers. Without them this event would not have happened this year! They will all be stressed out, so a "Thank you" can be extremely motivating and keep them coming back.
- Location: Racine, WI 53402
- Race Date: 2024/11/28 09:00:00 AM (Thursday)
- 5K Competitive -Timed
- 5K or Other Distance - Recreational/Non-Timed
Turkey Trot 5K - Racine Where & When
Turkey Trot 5K - Racine Sponsors
Turkey Trot 5K - Racine Reviews
Racine, WI Weather
Last year the weather condition was Mist.