We Run the Parks - INDIANA
Join us on 03/01/2021(race date estimated)
We Run the Parks - INDIANA Race Description
A National Run/Walk Challenge
"WE RUN THE PARKS" is a self-guided run, walk or hike challenge designed to get people outdoors, to begin re-engaging with others, and exercising.
THE 2nd ANNUAL NATIONAL CHALLENGE: run, walk or hike as many National, State, or Local trails as possible by the end of Fall 2021. Log at least 12 trail runs, walks, or hikes to earn your finishers medal. Take your time and enjoy the journey. This unique REMOTE RUNNERS® experience is designed to get people outdoors and moving.
While we are all currently urged to self-isolate, running or walking outdoors (especially solo) is still encouraged for your fitness and mental well-being. For most this will not be a race, but an opportunity to explore the local parks in our nation.
- New and improved electronic check in for easy tracking
- Team and Individual Tracking - See real results for all online
- While this is not a race, the option to compete with others is optional.
- OPTIONAL Performance wear short sleeve t-shirt (unisex, ladies' fit, youth)
- Commemorative Virtual and Physical Race Bib (Download under the "Manage my registration" tab above
- Commemorative Finisher's medal
- Commemorative Certificate of completion
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
STEP 1: Register for the event
STEP 2: Run, Walk, or Hike any trail, anywhere in the USA.
STEP 3: The goal is to complete at least 10 park trails (National, State, or Local) between May 1 and October 31, 2021 to earn your medal.
Log each of your runs, walks, or hikes via the "Manage my registration" tab above.
STEP 4: Celebrate! We will be sending out promotions and specials as this program evolves.
- There is no designated start time or date to complete your run/walks. Run or walk at your pace and your time. The event ends on October 31, 2021.
- All Run packets will be mailed to participants starting May 1, 2021, and then every 7 days afterward as people sign up.
- Remember, this is a self-guided run/walk. Stay hydrated, water must be provided by the participant.
- Pick up after yourself and help keep our parks clean.
New to running? DOWNLOAD our ZERO to 5K program - Many newcomers to running become discouraged by the difficulty associated with the activity because they start too fast and push too hard. Their bodies rebel and they wind up miserable, wondering why anyone would possibly want to run in the first place. The Zero to 5K program has been specifically designed to instill a love of running and ends with participating in your first timed 5K See our event directory here: https://5kevents.raceentry.com/
We’re here to help you achieve your goal(s), be it your first 5K, improving your run, or simply offering a resource where you can run with a group that is designed to help each other stay motivated. You should ease into your 5K training plan gradually. In fact, the program we provide is less of a running regimen than a walking and jogging program. The idea is to transform you from a non-runner, getting you to begin running a 5K ( or 3.1 miles) and on a regular basis in just 4 weeks.
It’s easy to get impatient, and you may feel tempted to skip ahead in the program, but hold yourself back. Don’t try to do more, even if you feel you can. If, on the other hand, you find the program too strenuous, just stretch it out. Don’t feel pressured to continue faster than you’re able. Repeat weeks if needed and move ahead only when you feel you’re ready.
- Location: Indianapolis, IN 46201
- Race Date: 2021/03/01 11:00:00 PM (Monday)