Holiday Dash - Burlington, WI Race Description
START: 5:30 PM
VENUE: 500 Bridge Street, Burlington, WI
Come to Downtown Burlington on Saturday December 2, 2023, and start a new holiday tradition for the whole family. The Holiday Dash fun walk/run is on the kick off weekend for Burlington's 12 Days of Christmas Festivity. Dress festive and team up with your family and friends to participate in the Holiday Dash. Run - Walk - Bike
Creativity is the theme of the run/walk/bike. Young or old, we encourage you to wear anything that is bright colored, blinks, shines or glows! Use your imagination and come up with innovative ways to use all sort of LED products!
Prizes for the most creative in the following categories:
- Individual Runner/Walker
- Individual Biker
Put it on and come celebrate with us! Proceeds will benefit the Burlington Chamber of Commerce.
Stay tuned for more information as this event evolves.
- Finishers Medal
- Complimentary Beverage with Light-Up Tumbler
- Optional T-Shirt or Hoodie
- Run - Walk or Bike Option
- Cool Swag
- Be Part of the Parade!
- Name your own charity
- "Light it up Burlington!" throughout downtown burlington with prizes!
This event qualifies for the 5Kevents Endurance Challenge
aka / Virtual Option - Your place, your pace, anywhere in the world.
EVENT LOGISTICS / FUNDRAISING / TRAINING / REMOTE RUNNERS and all the other nitty gritty
You can view results LIVE at www.5Kevents.org and click on the race results tab. Remember this is a chip start, so a person's finishing order via Gun Start will not be the same as Chip Start. The race clock will represent the official Race start time but not your actual finish time. If your final time, gender, bib# or other data is incorrect on the final results, please notify the race director using our online correction form. PLEASE, Do not interrupt the timing crew during the event.
You may submit corrections at: https://5kevents.org/result_correction.html. While results will be immediately posted online at www.5Kevents.org, results will not be official for 48 Hours. This will allow us to make corrections.
Race bibs / timing: We utilize a shoe tag system. You must wear your shoe tags and race bib in order to be timed. Those who do not wear them, or wear them improperly will be disqualified and asked to leave the course as we will not know if you are included in the race (this is for insurance purposes). Pull tabs will not be utilized to limit person to person contact. See image below for proper wearing. Tie one on the left shoe, one on the right. No tags, no time. Race bibs must be worn and visible at all times. Wear bibs front facing.
- Click on "Manage My Registration" tab at above
- Select desired tab to change
- All of your options will be listed in the menu.
- Deferrals must be completed 7 days prior to event.
We want to save you money:
- RUN FOR FREE OPTION - Refer 5 people (50% Credit), 10 people and we'll credit 100% of your registration fee!
- SHARE AND SAVE $2.00 during registration
- OPT OUT of the Hoodie and save $10.00
- SIGN UP EARLY - Save as much 25% when you sign up for multiple events
- This event is a 5Kevents.org, LLC owned, produced, timed & managed event.
- Need help with an event?
- Learn more about our FREE online registration & website platform
- Would you like us to piggy back your festival or event to attract more people?
- 5Kevents Market Place / Race Resources / Swag
New to running? DOWNLOAD our ZERO to 5K program - Many newcomers to running become discouraged by the difficulty associated with the activity because they start too fast and push too hard. Their bodies rebel and they wind up miserable, wondering why anyone would possibly want to run in the first place. The Zero to 5K program has been specifically designed to instill a love of running and ends with participating in your first timed 5K.
We’re here to help you achieve your goal(s), be it your first 5K, improving your run, or simply offering a resource where you can run with a group that is designed to help each other stay motivated. You should ease into your 5K training plan gradually. In fact, the program we provide is less of a running regimen than a walking and jogging program. The idea is to transform you from a non-runner, getting you to begin running a 5K ( or 3.1 miles) and on a regular basis in just 4 weeks.
It’s easy to get impatient, and you may feel tempted to skip ahead in the program, but hold yourself back. Don’t try to do more, even if you feel you can. If, on the other hand, you find the program too strenuous, just stretch it out. Don’t feel pressured to continue faster than you’re able. Repeat weeks if needed and move ahead only when you feel you’re ready.
HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR REMOTE (aka Virtual) RUN/WALK
- Register for the race and print your bib (Click on "Manage my Registration" tab Above to view all race tools)
- Complete a 5k, run/walk at your convenience, any time, anywhere within 7 days after the event date.
- Submit your time (optional) to see how you placed overall and receive your finisher certificate. Click on "Manage my Registration" tab Above to view all race tools)
- Celebrate your accomplishment by sharing on social media! #RemoteRunners #5Kevents
- Feel free to join the Remote Runners Group to share and celebrate with other participants. Don't forget to follow our Facebook page too!
Refunds are not permitted for any reason including, but not limited to blizzard, tsunami, hurricane, typhoon, earthquake, tornado, derecho storm, hail, lightening, thunder, apocalypse, locust attack, oversleeping, birth, death, taxes, IRS audit, engagements, marriage, divorce, jail, war, peace, nuclear explosion, Bear's win the division (we might if they go to the Superbowl), you signed up for the wrong event, not training enough, training too much, poor prior planning or our favorite, "I forgot". Have an “excuse” you would like to add to the list? Let us know.
While there are no refunds, you can get referrals, transfer your bib, change your shirt size, defer your registration to another event or change your distance. .
- Location: Burlington, WI 53105
- Race Date: 2023/12/02 10:00:00 AM (Saturday)
- 5K - Run/Walk
- REMOTE RUNNER
- Youth - Under 14
- 5K Bicyclist